Discoveries Costa Rica, Caribbean Coast from Bennett-Watt HD Productions on Vimeo.
Nestled between Nicaragua and Panama, Costa Rica's Caribbean coast stretches 78 miles of less developed coast than its Pacific counterpart, and providing terrific options for adventurous travellers in search of beauty, beach, nature and Caribbean culture.
• Tortuguero National Park can only be accessed by boat and provides an abundance of wildlife viewing opportunities from the comfort of electric boats, kayaks and canoes, almost like a mini-Amazon experience.
• The town of Tortuguero has an innovative recycling program that provides a model example of recycling efforts for other locations around the world.
CAHUITA / PUERTO VIEJO / MANZANILLO:
• Cahuita National Park is known for it’s coral reef and white sand beaches. However sloths, howler monkeys, pit vipers and many other animals can be found land side.
• ARA Manzanillo is responsible for the successful reintroduction of dozens of Great Green Macaws and continues to raise in captivity and release into the wild, Lapa Verde.
• Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge is considered by many to be the best snorkeling and diving spot on the Caribbean Coast in addition to many scenic sites, like the Mirador de Manzanillo.
REVIEW: The Midwest Book Review, The Library DVD shelf
Part of the "Discoveries Costa Rica" DVD series, Caribbean Coast is an astonishingly beautiful DVD documentary, featuring gorgeous scenes of 78 miles of Costa Rica's Caribbean coast. From the vibrant wildlife of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge, to the coral reef and white sand beaches of Cahuita National Park, to the saga of how dozens of great green macaws have been successfully reintroduced to the wild, Caribbean Coast is an extraordinary visual tour and the next best thing to visiting this wondrous area in person.
Highly recommended, especially for armchair travelers and public library collections! 53 min.