Enjoy a visit to Acadia National Park, the crown jewel of the North Atlantic Coast. Travel through history and learn about the political, economic, social, cultural, and demographic changes after the civil, industrial and revolutionary wars. Appreciate the worlds greatest inventor Thomas Edison, American conservationists, sculptor art, former presidents, women’s rights, and natural wonders along the way. This program features over a dozen National Park sites throughout 5 states of New England, beginning in Maine and traveling on to iconic sites in New Hampshire, Vermont, New Jersey, and New York.
- Acadia National Park
- Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Site
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park
- Morristown National Historical Park
- Patterson Great Falls National Historical Park
- Home of Franklin D Roosevelt National Historic Site
- Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site
- Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site
- Saratoga National Historical Site
- Fort Stanwix National Monument
- Women’s Rights National Historical Park
New York / New Jersey:
- Gateway National Recreation Area - Sandy Hook
- 56 minutes
- Available on DVD, Blu-ray and Download
Discoveries America National Parks, Acadia National Park & Historic New England...Preview.. from Bennett-Watt HD Productions on Vimeo.
REVIEW: Midwest Book Review - The Library DVD Shelf
Part of the Discoveries... America National Park series of high-definition video essays, Acadia National Park & Historic New England is an amazing tour featuring Acadia National Park in Maine, a beautiful set of islands and the oldest designated U.S. park east of the Mississippi River. A wealth of other historic parks and sites in New Hampshire, Vermont, New Jersey, and New York are also portrayed, offering the opportunity to appreciate the genius of Thomas Edison, the dedication of American conservationists, the accomplishments of champions of women's rights, natural wonders such as Patterson Great Falls, and much more. As gorgeous as it is educational, Acadia National Park & Historic New England is a treasure for armchair travelers, and highly recommended especially for public library DVD collections. 56 min.